In order to better protect your agency's financial transactions, ASAP.gov updated its minimum computer and internet browser requirements.
ASAP.gov no longer supports Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1. As a result, your computers need to use an operating system and internet browser that supports TLS 1.2.
Table may scroll on smaller screens
|Software||Supported||Unsupported (not able to use ASAP.gov)|
|Operating System||Windows 7 and above||Windows XP or Vista, Macintosh, or Linux systems|
|Internet Browser||Browsers that support TLS 1.2||Internet Explorer version 7 or below|
Required: Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2
To better protect your financial transactions, ASAP no longer supports TLS 1.0 or 1.1.
Both federal agencies and recipient organizations must make sure that their internet browsers support and are set for TLS 1.2.
The instructions below show you (or your IT staff) how to select TLS 1.2 in each browser.
(Agencies: Help your recipient organizations adjust their browser settings with these instructions.)
- Select [Tools] from the menu bar
- Select [Internet Options]
- Click on the [Advanced] tab.
- Scroll down and determine if the “Use TLS v 1.0”, “Use TLS v 1.1”, and “Use TLS v 1.2” boxes are selected. If they are not selected, select them. This ensures your browser is able to use the most secure connection for ASAP.gov.
- If you are unable to modify these settings, please contact your IT Support for assistance
- Type "about:config" into the address bar
- Search for "security.tls.version.min"
- Double-Click on security.tls.version.min
- Enter the number one in the Enter Integer Value box
- Click OK
- Search for "security.tls.version.max"
- Double Click on security.tls.version.max
- Enter the number 3 in the Enter integer value box
- Click OK
- When finished, confirm your setting are similar to the following graphic. This ensures your browser is able to use the most secure connection for ASAP.gov
- Click the Menu button
- Click Settings
- Click Show advanced stings
- Click Change proxy settings
- Click on Advanced
- Ensure that the boxes for security.tls.version.min “Use TLS 1.0”, “Use TLS 1.1”, “Use TLS 1.2” are checked. If they are not selected, select them. This ensures your browser is able to use the most secure connection for ASAP.gov.
- Click Apply
- If you are unable to modify these settings so they match the graphic below, please contact your IT Support for assistance
Contact the ASAP team
(option 2, option 3)
Mon. – Fri. (except federal holidays), 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., Eastern time
We try to respond to
- phone calls within 2 hours
- email within 1 day
Last modified 12/31/19