Software and Browser Requirements
In order to better protect your agency's financial transactions, ASAP.gov updated its minimum computer and internet browser requirements.
ASAP.gov no longer supports Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1. As a result, your computers need to use an operating system and internet browser that supports TLS 1.2.
Table may scroll on smaller screens
|Software||Supported||Unsupported (no longer able to use ASAP.gov)|
|Operating System||Windows 7 and above||Windows XP or Vista|
|Internet Browser||Browsers that support TLS 1.2||Internet Explorer version 7 or below|
As outlined in the table above, organizations using Windows 7 or above must ensure their internet browsers support TLS 1.2. Computers using either a Windows XP or Vista operating system or an Internet Explorer version prior to version 8 will become unsupported.
Please adjust your browser settings (or communicate this change to your IT staff) and help your recipient organizations adjust their browser settings as outlined below.
Internet Explorer Instructions
- Select [Tools] from the menu bar
- Select [Internet Options]
- Click on the [Advanced] tab.
- Scroll down and determine if the “Use TLS v 1.0”, “Use TLS v 1.1”, and “Use TLS v 1.2” boxes are selected. If they are not selected, select them. This ensures your browser is able to use the most secure connection for ASAP.gov.
- If you are unable to modify these settings, please contact your IT Support for assistance
Mozilla Firefox Instructions
- Type "about:config" into the address bar
- Search for "security.tls.version.min"
- Double-Click on security.tls.version.min
- Enter the number one in the Enter Integer Value box
- Click OK
- Search for "security.tls.version.max"
- Double Click on security.tls.version.max
- Enter the number 3 in the Enter integer value box
- Click OK
- When finished, confirm your setting are similar to the following graphic. This ensures your browser is able to use the most secure connection for ASAP.gov
Google Chrome Instructions
- Click the Menu button
- Click Settings
- Click Show advanced stings
- Click Change proxy settings
- Click on Advanced
- Ensure that the boxes for security.tls.version.min “Use TLS 1.0”, “Use TLS 1.1”, “Use TLS 1.2” are checked. If they are not selected, select them. This ensures your browser is able to use the most secure connection for ASAP.gov.
- Click Apply
- If you are unable to modify these settings so they match the graphic below, please contact your IT Support for assistance
Last modified 01/30/19