Daily Treasury Statement
This data is moving to FiscalData.Treasury.gov where it is available for download in multiple machine-readable formats with complete metadata! The formats include CSV, JSON and XML. The CSV and JSON formats replace the Excel and text formats currently available on this site.
The Daily Treasury Statement summarizes the US Treasury’s cash and debt operations for the Federal Government on a modified cash basis. Deposits are reported as received and withdrawals are reported as processed.
The DTS presents a summary of:
- Operating Cash Balance
- Deposits and Withdrawals of Operating Cash
- Public Debt Transactions
- Federal Tax Deposits
- Short-Term Cash Investments
- Income Tax Refunds Issued
The information is provided by Federal Reserve Banks, Treasury Regional Financial Centers, Internal Revenue Service Centers, Bureau of the Fiscal Service and various electronic systems. Treasury’s operating cash is maintained in an account at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service is modernizing the Daily Treasury Statement (DTS).
The following changes will occur for the DTS date of 02/14/23, published on 02/15/23:
- Individual Income and Employment Taxes, Not Withheld will be renamed to Taxes – Non Withheld Ind/SECA Other (Table II).
- Estate and Gift Taxes will be renamed to Taxes – Estate and Gift (Table II).
- Table 4 non interagency taxes will be moved to table II (deposit side).
- Corporation Income Taxes will be renamed to Taxes – Corporate Income.
- Federal Unemployment Taxes will be renamed to Taxes – Federal Unemployment (FUTA).
- Excise Taxes will be renamed to Taxes – Miscellaneous Excise.
- Estate and Gift Taxes & Misc IRS Rcpts. will be renamed to Taxes – IRS Collected Estate, Gift, Misc.
- Individual Income Taxes will be renamed to Taxes – Non Withheld Ind/SECA Electronic.
- Railroad Retirement Taxes will be renamed to Taxes – Railroad Retirement.
- Withheld Income and Employment Taxes will be renamed to Taxes – Withheld Individual/FICA.
- Cash FTD's Received (Table IV) will be removed as a result of Table IV detail being relocated to Table II.
- Table IV is being renamed to Table IV – Inter-agency Transfers.
- Table V Short Term Cash Investments will be removed.
- Table VI Income Tax Refunds Issued will be renamed as Table V Income Tax Refunds Issued.
- IRS Tax Refunds Business (EFT) will be renamed to Taxes – Business Tax Refunds (EFT) (Table II and V).
- IRS Tax Refunds Individual (EFT) will be renamed to Taxes – Individual Tax Refunds (EFT) (Table II and V).
- IRS Tax Refunds Business (Checks) will be renamed to Taxes – Business Tax Refunds (Checks).
- IRS Tax Refunds Individual (Checks) will be renamed to Taxes – Individual Tax Refunds (Checks).
Stay up to Date with the Daily Treasury Statement
Subscribe to e-mail notifications!Join the Mailing List
(Selecting this button generates an e-mail message with everything filled in - just send the message. You will receive a confirmation message from the list in 15 minutes. If the e-mail does not appear, see our alternate instructions)