Financial Management Quality Service Management Office (FM QSMO)
The FM QSMO is a Treasury initiative that offers a new approach to shared services and federal financial management by establishing a marketplace of systems and services that will drive innovation, compliance with federal policies, standardization, and automation. The initiative is a key part of reaching goals under Treasury’s 10-year Vision for the Future of Federal Financial Management.
See an overview of FM QSMO .
I would like to...
FM QSMO Marketplace
The FM QSMO Marketplace is home to resources for federal agencies and industry. Our website includes a customer toolkit of helpful information for federal agencies looking to modernize, the Financial Management Capability Framework (FMCF) standards and capabilities for Marketplace solutions and services, guidance for vendor onboarding, and the Marketplace Catalog.
The Marketplace Catalog is a resource for agencies to explore, identify, and research financial management solutions and services offered by commercial and federal providers, and the Department of the Treasury’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service. The Marketplace Catalog will expand over time to include additional offerings to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of agency financial management programs.
We welcome engagement from agencies and industry and encourage our stakeholders to continue partnering with us to design a Marketplace that meets your needs.
FM QSMO Stakeholders and Partners
- Industry (commercial providers of financial management software solutions and service providers)
- Legacy Federal Shared Service Providers
- Other Stakeholders and Partners (OMB, GSA, governance councils)
- Focus on customer experience
- Maximize the strategic value of data
- Deliver progress using agile processes
- Standardize processes and data
- Reduce operation and maintenance costs
- Modernize and automate processes
- Improve customer satisfaction
Four Stage Approach to Delivering Services
To help agencies successfully meet their financial management goals, the FM QSMO will deliver solutions using the following four-stage approach:
- Leverage established standards,
- Engage in customer-centered solution management,
- Promote its Marketplace through agile adoption; and
- Measure performance of all FM QSMO activities.