Financial Management Quality Service Management Office (FM QSMO)
The FM QSMO is a Treasury initiative that offers a new approach to shared services and federal financial management by establishing a marketplace of systems and services that will drive innovation, compliance with federal policies, standardization, and automation. The initiative is a key part of reaching goals under Treasury’s 10-year Vision for the Future of Federal Financial Management.
See an overview of FM QSMO .
I would like...
Partner with Us to Design a Marketplace that Meets Your Needs
We welcome engagement from agencies and industry. FM QSMO's work will focus on developing a customer-centric marketplace for modern, standards-based solutions that will move agencies away from outdated systems, improve government operations and performance and advance government-wide financial management goals, including improved transparency and better use of data for decision making.
FM QSMO Stakeholders and Partners
- Industry (commercial providers of financial management software solutions and service providers)
- Legacy Federal Shared Service Providers
- Other Stakeholders and Partners (OMB, GSA, governance councils)
- Focus on customer experience
- Maximize the strategic value of data
- Deliver progress using agile processes
- Standardize processes and data
- Reduce operation and maintenance costs
- Modernize and automate processes
- Improve customer satisfaction
Four Stage Approach to Delivering Services
To help agencies successfully meet their financial management goals, the FM QSMO will deliver solutions using the following four-stage approach:
- Leverage established standards,
- Engage in customer-centered solution management,
- Promote its Marketplace through agile adoption; and
- Measure performance of all FM QSMO activities.