Skip Navigation
Official website of the United States Government We can do this. Find COVID-19 vaccines near you. Visit U.S. Department of the Treasury
Bureau of the Fiscal Service Home
Central Accounting Reporting System

Getting Started with CARS

A CARS user must have a supervisor who is already enrolled in CARS.

Enrolling as a Supervisor

To enroll as a CARS Supervisor:

  1. Download, fill out, and sign the Enrollment Request Form - Supervisor
  2. Send the form to us by e-mail or fax:

If you have questions, call the Treasury Support Center: 1-877-440-9476

After we process your form, you will get 4 e-mails from Bureau of Fiscal Service-ISIM. They will give you your:

  • ID
  • Temporary password
  • Assigned module and role
  • The status of Supervisor

Enrolling as a User or changing your access to CARS

If your supervisor is enrolled in CARS, you may become a CARS User or change your access to CARS. You do this through the ISIM Self-Service website at

For more information

Onboarding with CAIA

As part of the Common Approach to Identity Assurance (CAIA), CARS will be adopting multi-factor authentication in Q3 2023 (CY).

For more information on CAIA, please read the CARS CAIA Onboarding Guide.

Updated information for requesting access to CARS will be added soon.

Last modified 08/09/23