Skip Navigation
Official website of the United States Government We can do this. Find COVID-19 vaccines near you. Visit U.S. Department of the Treasury
Bureau of the Fiscal Service Home

Frequently Asked Questions for Cross-Servicing

Or, read FAQs about Administrative Wage Garnishment.

The requirement to “transfer” a debt means the agency must refer the debt to Fiscal Service (or, in some cases, another Treasury-designated debt collection center). After referral, Fiscal Service (or the debt collection center) becomes responsible for collecting the debt.

In general, federal agencies must refer any debt over 120 days delinquent.

Fiscal Service Contact Information

Debt Recovery Analyst:

  • 1-888-826-3127
    Federal Relay Service for hearing impaired (TDD): 1-800-877-8339
    U.S. Department of the Treasury
    P.O. Box 830794
    Birmingham, AL, 35283-0794

Last modified 07/14/23