Minority Bank Deposit Program (MBDP)
What is the Minority Bank Deposit Program?
The Minority Bank Deposit Program (MBDP) encourages minority-owned banks, women-owned banks, and credit unions that serve low-income communities to become depositaries and financial agents.
The program is voluntary.
What does the Fiscal Service do?
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service:
- makes sure a financial institution is eligible to participate
- keeps the list of participating financial institutions
- publishes the list on this website
- distributes the list periodically to federal agencies, interested state and local government agencies, and private sector companies
- reminds financial institutions on the list of the due date for their yearly recertification
For more information: