SPS: Secure Payment System
Attention: SPS is undergoing enhancements over the weekend of Oct 10-12, 2015. To facilitate this work, please do not leave any Schedules in Editable, Pending Certify or Reject states at COB Friday, October 9, 2015. All Schedules must be Certified before SPS can begin the work on Saturday, Oct 10, 2015. If you have questions, please contact the SPS (Secure Payment System) Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (816) 414-2340.
The Secure Payment System (SPS) is an application that allows government agencies to create payment schedules in a secure fashion; with strictly enforced separation of duties.
This application also allows staff at Federal Program Agency (FPA) locations to securely certify and submit schedules to the Fiscal Service over the Internet.
There are two different types of users that are required and responsible for a FPA to submit schedules through SPS.
- The Data Entry Operator (DEO) creates or imports a schedule and submits the schedule for certification.
- The Certifying Officer (CO) examines the schedule for content and accuracy. Upon verification, the CO will then certify the schedule, which will result in the schedule being submitted to the Fiscal Service for disbursement.
For the most recent SPS installation CD, contact the Kansas City Financial Center.
KFC SPS Help Desk
- Note to SPS Users – October 2015
- SPS Important Notices (updated February 23, 2015)
- Schedule Upload 440 File Format for GWA
- Technical Note 16: Formats And Edit Criteria
- Kansas City Financial Center