Federal Financial Management Use Cases
The Office of Financial Innovation & Transformation (FIT) has developed a collection of use cases for federal financial management (FFM).
The collection consists of 12 documents: an overview and use cases for 11 end-to-end business processes.
Each use case explains how federal agencies are to carry out a specific financial management process. Each starts with a user's goal and goes through the steps to take until the goal is fulfilled.
All of the following documents are PDF files:
- FFM Use Case Library Overview
- FFM Use Cases 010 Budget Formulation-to-Execution
- FFM Use Cases 020 Acquire-to-Dispose
- FFM Use Cases 030 Request-to-Procure
- FFM Use Cases 040 Procure-to-Pay
- FFM Use Cases 050 Bill-to-Collect
- FFM Use Cases 060 Record-to-Report
- FFM Use Cases 070 Agree-to-Reimburse
- FFM Use Cases 080 Apply-to-Perform
- FFM Use Cases 090 Hire-to-Retire
- FFM Use Cases 100 Book-to-Reimburse
- FFM Use Cases 110 Apply-to-Repay
To learn more about the FM Use Cases, contact us at FIT@fiscal.treasury.gov