Laws & Regulations
- Effective April 26, 1996 Read the Debt Collection Improvement Act
- Effective April 26, 1996. Provision of Public Law 104-134 relating to electronic funds transfer only. Read the EFT Provision of DCIA
- Proposed rule, (01/10/23), 31 CFR Part 208 Management of Federal Agency Disbursements
- Interim Final Rule (12/22/10) & 31 CFR 210 (part of the ACH rule). Specifies how federal payments can be made to prepaid debit cards that meet certain criteria. Download Prepaid Cards Regulations PDF
- Final Rule (6/28/13) & 21 CFR, Part 212 Specifies how financial institutions must act when they get a garnishment order against an account holder who receives certain types of federal benefits by direct deposit. Read 31 CFR Part 212 For more information on Garnishment, consult the Green Book (Chapter 2, Part F or Appendix) or the Garnishment FAQs.
- Final Rule (2/25/99) & 48 CFR Parts 13, 16, 32, and 52 FAR EFT is about collecting EFT information in contracting. Download 48 CFR Part 13, 16, 32, and 52 TXT
- Final Rule (9/23/11) & 31 CFR Part 210. Download 31 CFR Part 210