International Treasury Services (ITS.gov)
Getting started for federal agencies
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service (Fiscal Service) provides international payment services through one or more of its Regional Financial Centers (RFCs). For detailed processing instructions, see Contacts.
What is ITS.GOV?
The Fiscal Service provides international payment services to over 175 Federal agencies. ITS.gov enables Federal agencies to issue foreign currency payments via direct deposit, wire transfer, or draft to recipients in over 150 countries.
Also, ITS.gov enables agencies to issue international US Dollar wire transfer payments without a corresponding US financial institution. Fiscal Service processes monthly recurring benefit payments, foreign payroll, vendor, and miscellaneous payments.
- ITS.gov is a comprehensive payment and collection system used for processing electronic and check payments for benefit recipients, vendors, foreign payroll and miscellaneous payment receipts.
- ITS.gov is the federal government's single portal for all types of international transactions, including payments and collections.
- Employs the latest enhanced security technology including two factor authentication through PKI.
- Offers the lowest costs for sending international payments.
- Expedites payment settlement.
- Provides the ability to process international electronic payments in emerging markets.
- Purchases the foreign currency amount at the time of payment at the most competitive rate possible, maximizing agency cash management.
- Provides fast and easy-to-use foreign exchange currency purchase.
- Supports multiple levels of verification and various types of foreign exchange options, fixed-to-variable, variable-to-fixed and fixed-to-fixed.
- Compatible with current agency file formats and effectively handles exception processing.
Getting started for benefit payment recipients
The benefit payment recipient enrolls with their paying federal agency (i.e. Social Security Administration, Office of Personnel Management) for International Direct Deposit. Once enrolled, the recipient will begin receiving direct deposit payments in their foreign account in the specified currency on the designated payment date.
If you are receiving Federal benefit payments and wish to receive these payments by international direct deposit, please contact your paying federal agency (i.e. Social Security Administration, Office of Personnel Management) to obtain an international direct deposit sign up form.
Getting started for vendor, foreign payroll, or miscellaneous payment recipients
The recipient enrolls with their paying federal agency (i.e. Social Security Administration, Office of Personnel Management). Once enrolled, the recipient will begin receiving electronic payments in their foreign account in the specified currency on the designated payment date.
If you are a vendor, foreign payroll or miscellaneous payment recipient, please contact your paying federal agency to begin receiving your payment electronically.
- Benefit payments - Contact your paying federal agency.
- Foreign payroll - Federal Disbursement Services at 816-414-2100.
- Vendor payments - Federal Disbursement Services at 816-414-2100.
- Miscellaneous payments - Federal Disbursement Services at 816-414-2100.
- Non-Treasury Disbursing Offices - Federal Disbursement Services Financial Operations 816-414-2125
- General Information - Federal Disbursement Services Financial Operations 816-414-2387