For information not contained in our Legal Authorities pages or Guides, Forms, and Downloads, please consider the following links:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) administers the Medicare, Medicaid, HIPAA, CLIA and several other health-related programs.
- Department of Veterans Affairs Debt Management Center
- Resource for veterans and their families to consult in the management and payment of debts to VA.
- IRS's Collection Financial Standards
- Internal Revenue Service's Collection Financial Standards are used to help determine a taxpayer's ability to pay a delinquent tax liability.
- National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators
- Developed a state unclaimed property experts to assist the public free of charge with locating funds that may belong to them or their relatives.
- National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers, and Treasurers
- Works to bring together state auditors, state comptrollers and state treasurers to cooperatively address government financial management issues.
- Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE)
- Health and Human Services’ Administration for Child and Families. Assists state governments in operating and managing their programs effectively and in conforming with federal requirements.
- Social Security
- Website of the Social Security Administration.
- U.S. Government Printing Office: FDsvs
- Free online access to official publications from all three branches of the federal government.
Looking for Program-Specific Information?
Debt Management Services contains information that applies to every debt collection program. To find information for a single program, select from the options below:
Do Not Pay
Detects and prevents improper payments made by federal agencies.
Centralized Receivables Service
Assists federal agencies in managing accounts receivable.
Treasury Offset Program
Collects delinquent debts, including child support payments, by offsetting money from federal benefit payments, tax refunds, etc.
Collects delinquent, non-tax debts through various means, including Administrative Wage Garnishment.