DATA Act Information Model Schema (DAIMS) v1.4
Version 1.4 of the DAIMS released on September 27, 2019 and includes the data standard conceptual model, specifications, and schema management. This release is necessary to address audit findings, clarify aggregate record reporting, align with Federal Hierarchy, and align with changes in integrated data sources. DAIMS v1.4 will be implemented in April 2020 for FABS and May 2020 for DABS. The DAIMS architecture is designed to meet the needs of the business users and technical systems. It serves as the foundation for the DAIMS data standards. It is extensible through domain, component, element, and metadata. Additional descriptive content on the DAIMS architecture will be released as necessary.
DAIMS Document Release v1.4
- DAIMS Overview - provides an overview of the data standards and data architecture.
- DAIMS Architecture - provides details of the data standards and data architecture.
- Information Flow - provides details of the reporting timeframes and sources of the data included in the DAIMS across the federal enterprise.
DAIMS Reporting Guidance includes:
Reporting Submission Specification (RSS) - includes a listing of the data elements with specific instructions for federal agencies to submit content in the appropriate format.
The RSS is a human-readable version of the data standards. The previously separate Terse Labels (shortened versions of the data element names), Domain Values (permissible values for a sub-set of the DAIMS data elements), and DAIMS Diagrams (visual representations of how the data elements from the RSS fit together in context) have been incorporated to improve usability.
Interface Definition Document (IDD) - contains a listing of the elements, with supporting metadata, that explain what data will be pulled from government-wide systems for procurement and sub-awards and from the Broker itself (via FABS) for financial assistance.
The IDD is a human-readable version of the data standard for the award related content. The previously separate Terse Labels (shortened versions of the data element names) and DAIMS Diagrams (visual representations of how the data elements from the IDD fit together in context) have been incorporated to improve usability.
Validation Rules - documents the business rules employed by the DATA Act Broker for field and cross-file validations.
Practices and Procedures - provides the general practices and procedures for submitting, validating, and understanding the reporting of submissions to the DATA Act Broker.
Sample Submission Files
Sample files include examples to illustrate the format of agency submission files.
- FABS: Financial Assistance data
- File A: Appropriation Account data
- File B: Object Class and Program Activity data
- File C: Award Financial data
Diagrams showing the data model for RSS and IDD files.
- RSS File A Diagram
- RSS File B Diagram
- RSS File C Diagram
- RSS FABS Diagram
- IDD File D1 Diagram
- IDD File D2 Diagram
- IDD File E Diagram
- IDD File F Diagram
DAIMS Documents for Consumers Include:
- Online Data Dictionary - contains a comprehensive list of data elements with definitions and some associated metadata.
- XBRL Schema File - provides a machine-readable version of the data standards that include accounting-related and award-related content.
- Consumption-Focused Metadata (CFM) - contains a listing of the elements with supporting metadata explaining how submission and outlay data is compiled for consumption. The CFM is a human-readable version of the data standard for consumption related content.
- Consumption Focused File Diagram - diagram showing the data model for data sources of the USAspending website.
These zip files contain the data model structure and logical grouping of financial data elements in XBRL format and key DAIMS documents (RSS, IDD, sample files, file diagrams, flow diagram, validation rules, architecture document, and architecture overview).
Table may scroll on smaller screens
|Schema Version||Release Date||Implementation Date||Zipped XBRL Schema||Zipped DAIMS Documents|
|1.4||Sep 27, 2019||FABS - April 2020
DABS - May 2020
|Schema v1.4 zip||DAIMS v1.4 zip|
|1.3.1||Feb 8, 2019||Various 2019||Schema v1.3.1 zip||DAIMS v1.3.1 zip|
|1.3||Jun 29, 2018||Various 2019||Schema v1.3 zip||DAIMS v1.3 zip|
|1.2||Dec 22, 2017||May 18, 2018||Schema v1.2 zip||DAIMS v1.2 zip|
|1.1||Jun 30, 2017||Sep 27, 2017||Schema 1.1 zip||DAIMS v1.1 zip|
|1.0||Apr 29, 2016||Apr 1, 2017||Schema 1.0 zip||DAIMS v1.0 zip|
XBRL Data Downloads
These zip files contain financial data in an XBRL format and are organized by quarters.
Table may scroll on smaller screens
|Fiscal Year||Quarter||Date Range||Zipped XBRL Data|
|2018||Q4||July to September 2018||2018Q4|
|2018||Q3||April to June 2018||2018Q3|
|2018||Q2||January to March 2018||2018Q2|
|2018||Q1||October to December 2017||2018Q1|
|2017||Q4||July to September 2017||2017Q4|
|2017||Q3||April to June 2017||2017Q3|
|2017||Q2||January to March 2017||2017Q2|
Last modified 09/30/19