The Automated Standard Application for Payments allows organizations receiving federal funds to draw monies securely from pre-authorized accounts established by the agency issuing the payment. Our three payment programs are:
- The Grant Payment Program conveniently and securely disburses payments to grantees.
- The Letter of Credit Payment Program securely and effortlessly reimburses financial agents for services they performed for federal agencies.
- The Debit Card Payment Program helps federal agencies quickly and securely fund their reloadable debit cards.
How ASAP Works
- Federal agencies create and manage ASAP accounts to control the flow of funds to recipient organizations
- Federal agencies enter spending authorizations into these ASAP accounts in accordance with their program needs and schedules
- Recipient organizations request payments—via either Automated Clearing House (ACH) or Fedwire—from these ASAP accounts.
- Payments settle either the same or following business day
- All data entry is conducted online via ASAP.gov
Hours of Operation
Accounts and Authorizations:
Online: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM Eastern
Batch: 24 hours a day
ACH Payments: Same Day Settlement, 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Fedwire Payments: Same Day Settlement, 8:00 AM - 5:45 PM Eastern
ACH Payments: Next Day Settlement, 8:00 AM - 11:59 PM Eastern
Online: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM - 11:59 PM Eastern
End-of Day via Batch: Monday thru Friday, 10:00 PM Eastern
Last modified 10/25/18