Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation (FIT)
The Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation identifies and facilitates the implementation of innovative solutions to help government agencies become more efficient and transparent in Federal financial management.
Since its start in 2010, FIT has identified a number of solutions that support common financial processes and improved financial data quality.
FIT's current initiatives
- Managing the Financial Management Line of Business (FMLoB)
- Facilitating agencies transition to Federal Shared Service Providers (FSSPs)
FIT's earlier initiatives
- Creating a Centralized Receivables Service (CRS)
- Improving Accountability for Intra-governmental Transactions (IGT)
Request for Information RFI-FIT-14-0055
FIT is conducting market research on how private sector solutions and capabilities could be of assistance to:
- FIT (in its oversight role),
- the Federal Shared Service Providers (FSSPs) (in their service provider role) and
- customers or prospective customers in the implementation of financial services in a shared service environment.
Additional information can be found at https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=9bdfb0112261
The response date will be extended until July 11, 2014.
FIT and the Federal Shared Service Providers conducted an agency day that provided government agencies with information about the implementation of financial management shared services, other initiatives of FIT and the designated Federal Shared Service Providers offerings. Here are the presentations: